Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A few more Jackisms

The other day Jack asked about soldiers, and if they have guns and what they use them for. Kelly told them that yes, they have guns, and they shoot people with them.


"Bad guys?" asked Jack


Kelly paused, contemplating telling him about how some wars aren't as clear as good guys vs. bad guys, and sometimes both sides see themselves as the good guys. But I intervened, and said "Yes, Jack, the soldiers shoot at the bad guys."


Then Jack said:
"When I'm the leader of the soldiers, I'm going to teach the soldiers to call the police to catch bad guys, and use the guns to shoot animals for food!"



-------------





On Christmas morning, as we sat around the table eating our special breakfast of oatmeal with strawberries, we noticed that Jack was distracted by his...lap. So Kelly asked him "Jack, what are you doing?"

"Mommy, my penis....it's happy for Christmas!"



-------------



At dinner, Jack said to Kelly "Mommy, you're skinny." And Kelly seemed pretty flattered, and as she opened her mouth to say Thank You, Jack continued "But some 33 year olds are skinnier".

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh lord, I really think you guys should write a book. You would make millions.....